Concierge Auctions to sell scenic 170-acre family compound in New York City's backyard
The property features nearly a mile of Neversink River frontage and is a compelling investment and development opportunity
Oct 1, 2014
CATSKILLS, N.Y., Oct. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Concierge Auctions, a luxury real estate auction firm serving high-net-worth individuals worldwide, today announced the auction of Bluestone Acres, a secluded property accessible only by a private, winding drive, previously offered for $3.9M. The no-reserve auction will be conducted on November 6th in cooperation with Maxine Schulte of Keller Williams.
Unique attributes of Bluestone Acres include:
- 170 pristine acres in the Catskills Borscht Belt, including 156 acres of open fields and wooded preserve and 5.2 acres of fenced horse paddocks
- A stunning 9,050-square-foot main house featuring 3 bedrooms, 4 full and 4 half bathrooms
- Nearly 1 mile of Neversink River frontage plus numerous area lakes that offer access to fly and trout fishing
- Unparalleled privacy, with accessibility only by a private, winding drive set away from the main road
- 3,800-square-foot caretaker's residence featuring 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms
- 2,000-square-foot carriage house featuring 3 bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms
- Pool with extensive hardscaping and 550-square-foot pool house featuring 2 dressing areas, both with full bathrooms
- 500-square-foot covered cabana and outdoor kitchen that seats 30
- Close proximity to outdoor activities, including Catskills-area skiing, golfing, fishing, and hunting amenities, and to prominent cultural and entertainment venues such as the Bethel Woods Arts Center and the Monticello Motor Club
- Easy accessibility, with only a 15-minute drive to Sullivan International Airport, a 40-minute drive to Stewart International Airport, and a 90-minute drive to New York City
- Lighted, regulation tennis court and half basketball court
Founder and President of Concierge Auctions, Laura Brady, stated: "When deciding whether to accept a property into our inventory at Concierge Auctions, we ask the same questions that sophisticated prospective buyers ask: Does the home feature unique and desirable amenities? Is the home situated in a beautiful setting? For Bluestone Acres, we were able to check all of these boxes, and then had to add a few more. The home goes beyond what we've seen from other high-end upstate estates, and its accessibility to New York City is obviously a spectacular asset."
Listing Agent Maxine Schulte stated: "Bluestone Acres is the ultimate residence, but it is also ideally situated so that its owner can take advantage of the wonderful areas within close proximity to the property. The home is only 45 minutes from Woodbury Commons, the number one tourist attraction outside of New York City in New York State. It is a stone's throw from some of the most beautiful lakes and skiing opportunities the Catskills have to offer. It is only ninety minutes from New York City by car or, for the traveler who prefers transport to the city by a more exotic means, the owner can land his or her own helicopter on the property. Bluestone Acres balances privacy with accessibility in a totally unique way, and I can't wait to see the kind of lifestyle it will allow its next owner."
Bluestone Acres' owner stated: "Bluestone Acres is one of the most relaxing homes on earth. It is quiet and surrounded by stunning beauty twelve months of the year. While it's known as 'the perfect place to open a book,' for the activity-minded, there's also something for everyone -- my friends love racing around the nearby Monticello Motor Club, I love hitting balls on the tennis court, and that's not to mention the skiing, golfing, fishing, and hunting opportunities for which this area is renowned. This home is one-of-a-kind, and we're looking forward to handing it off to the right owner who will appreciate it as much as we have."
The auction of Bluestone Acres, located at 419 River Road in Fallsburg, New York, will be held live on November 6th. A 2.5% commission is offered to the buyer's representing broker. The property is available for preview from 1-4pm daily and by appointment. See Auction Terms and Conditions for full details. For more information, call (212) 259-0518.
About Concierge Auctions
New York-based Concierge Auctions is the dominant player in the luxury real estate auctions sector, selling high-end properties worldwide through a transparent and market-based bidding process. Since its founding in 2008, Concierge has successfully closed over a half-billion dollars in luxury properties, with $194 million contracted in 2013 alone — at an average price of $5.4 million. The business has spanned the globe, domestically from New York to Hawaii, and abroad from Fiji to Toronto. Concierge was recently named one of America's fastest-growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
This property is listed for sale by Maxine Schulte (10301208695) of Keller Williams Realty, Chris Scibelli, Broker (10491200206), 522 Route 32, Highland Mills, NY 10930 - (845) 928-8000. Concierge Auctions, LLC is a marketing service provider for auctions, is not a brokerage, and is not directly involved in selling real property. The services referred to herein are not available to residents of any state where prohibited by applicable state law. Concierge Auctions, LLC, its agents and affiliates, broker partners, auctioneer, and sellers do not warrant or guaranty the accuracy or completeness of any information and shall have no liability for errors or omissions or inaccuracies under any circumstances in this or any other property listings or advertising, promotional or publicity statements and materials. This is not meant as a solicitation for listings. Brokers are fully protected and encouraged to participate.
SOURCE Concierge Auctions